Welcome!

Dear family and friends,

Welcome to the Burger Abode! We have created this site for a multitude of reasons, all of which you will be informed of in a few minutes, hoping we retain your attention long enough to get you to that magical point!

We hope you find this blog informative. At this point we have a real need to dispurse large amounts of information to a vast number of people in an accurate and timely manner. Rita and I have recently discovered that this is a daunting task! What began as 5 outgoing cell phone calls quickly erupted to literally hundreds of unmanageable incoming calls, texts, and e-mails. We began questioning our correct relay of information - to who and when - and did I forget to tell this and that, and do I need to call back and etc... to the near pinnacle of insanity! Again, welcome to the Burger Abode! Where there is "no tellin' what's next!


Just a couple of quick notes: We realize that that we are unintentionally going to miss some folks on the first couple of publications of this blog. PLEASE DO NOT forward to them, but let us know via e-mail so we can add them to our distribution list. We just kinda want to know who all (if anyone) is keeping up with the Burger Abode! Also, there is a place at the bottom of this blog for comments and questions. Rita and I ask that you not utilize this function but address such issues to our email account burgerabodeupdate@sbcglobal.net
so they will be included in the next blog posting! Thank you in advance for your understanding in these matters!
Rita and John

Friday, October 9, 2009

September 17, 2009

I was driving on my home from work and got 1 block from the house. It was a great day! I accomplished several gratifying tasks that propelled business forward. I did not realize at that point what the difference a split second makes in changing things and not always for the better. I was jolted violently and looked out the windshield of my company vehicle only to discover, much to my dismay, that I had ran into a minivan that was parked on the side of the road. Now please understand, I can see my house from this vantage point! The police eventually showed up. No citation was issued. Neither vehicle was drivable. No one was hurt. My airbag never went off. I just crashed a perfectly fine vehicle into another perfectly fine vehicle for no apparent reason what so ever. Kinda makes you scratch your head and say "Huh?" don't it?






Well, of course this type of activity creates a little nervous tension within the ranks of one's employer. Especially when they pose the question "How did this happen?" and your best answer after completing a deep mind, soul, and gut inquiry is "I don't know!" You probably know the next question from the voice on the other side of the cell phone. Yep, your right! "What do you mean you don't know?" And again the deeply pondered response from me was..."I don't know!" and lastly for the day I leave you with this...Yes I made it in time to take my breathalyzer and P-test before the clinic closed at 5:00.


But another pending problem was we had a Cardiologist appointment scheduled that afternoon. We had to cancel due to the accident. This cardiologist appointment was to give us the results of the monitor and the other tests that had been completed previously. There were some other little incidents to report to the DR. that day that we had kinda questioned due to possible side effects to medicine they had him on.

So, I called to cancel and reschedule for Friday 1st thing. The Cardiologist's receptionist said sorry the Dr. doesn't see patients on Friday. Well that was JUST NOT acceptable. I told them the events that had taken place and we had to see the Dr. either late Thursday or on Friday! We needed immediate answers!!! So it happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment