Welcome!

Dear family and friends,

Welcome to the Burger Abode! We have created this site for a multitude of reasons, all of which you will be informed of in a few minutes, hoping we retain your attention long enough to get you to that magical point!

We hope you find this blog informative. At this point we have a real need to dispurse large amounts of information to a vast number of people in an accurate and timely manner. Rita and I have recently discovered that this is a daunting task! What began as 5 outgoing cell phone calls quickly erupted to literally hundreds of unmanageable incoming calls, texts, and e-mails. We began questioning our correct relay of information - to who and when - and did I forget to tell this and that, and do I need to call back and etc... to the near pinnacle of insanity! Again, welcome to the Burger Abode! Where there is "no tellin' what's next!


Just a couple of quick notes: We realize that that we are unintentionally going to miss some folks on the first couple of publications of this blog. PLEASE DO NOT forward to them, but let us know via e-mail so we can add them to our distribution list. We just kinda want to know who all (if anyone) is keeping up with the Burger Abode! Also, there is a place at the bottom of this blog for comments and questions. Rita and I ask that you not utilize this function but address such issues to our email account burgerabodeupdate@sbcglobal.net
so they will be included in the next blog posting! Thank you in advance for your understanding in these matters!
Rita and John

Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25, 2009






Rita successfuly escaped going out of town this week, but I never would have known it. She has been laboring so many hours it was like she wasn't here. I went to work with her at a store Saturday and I had a ball. I got out of the house, performed multiple necessary tasks, and got to utilize the half a brain (figuratively, gang) I have left. Afterward we went to Mass and to dinner. We didn't get home until 10 PM!!! An all day outing away from the house! I was like a canary liberated from the confines of the 3' X 3' cage where you captively sit and view outside, you just can't travel to the great beyond.

Above you will notice the "Emporer's New Hats". My little sister Elaine picked them up for me Friday. They are dancing chili peppers, Charlie Brown and Snoopy with autumn leaves, multi colored peace signs, flags, and pumpkins with spider webs. I have been wearing the pumpkins constantly since the shelf life is relatively short at this time.

One week of radiation down and one to go! The treatments are really no big deal. I walk in, Lisa and Tanya strap me to the bed, 15 seconds worth of "zapping" on each side, and I'm done! The total proceedure takes about 5 minutes. I feel nothing. It is comperable to getting an x-ray. Many thanks to the volunteers that took time out of their busy schedule to haul me to the hospital. I appreciate you all! I may be able to start driving myself Thursday and Friday (depending on the results of my EEG on Wednesday).

It appears Rita will be going to San Antonio this week to set up a new store. Details are still sketchy as of now.
I talked to a dietician Friday. She said I should not have any more than 18 oz of red meat (beef and pork) a week! How is that possible? Does beef come in anything less than 18oz? I guess I have to learn how to make a rib eye last 3 meals!?! Unheard of and proposterous!

That there food lady 'splained ta me that I should be eatin' lotsa greens. I 'spect she means collard, turnip, mustard, and spinach. I ain't never much been one with a hankerin' fer greens. Mom used ta make em, but me, I never paid her no 'tention ta fixen um 'cause I never et um. If"n some one out there can give me some 'structions on the cookin' of greens I'd be deeply appreciative! Send the simple 'structions to the same ole address: burgeradodeupdate@sbcglobal.net If'n I gets enough recipies we may jest have to have us a good ole genuine "Greens Cook-Off"! Now that would be somethin' 'xcitin"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment