Welcome!

Dear family and friends,

Welcome to the Burger Abode! We have created this site for a multitude of reasons, all of which you will be informed of in a few minutes, hoping we retain your attention long enough to get you to that magical point!

We hope you find this blog informative. At this point we have a real need to dispurse large amounts of information to a vast number of people in an accurate and timely manner. Rita and I have recently discovered that this is a daunting task! What began as 5 outgoing cell phone calls quickly erupted to literally hundreds of unmanageable incoming calls, texts, and e-mails. We began questioning our correct relay of information - to who and when - and did I forget to tell this and that, and do I need to call back and etc... to the near pinnacle of insanity! Again, welcome to the Burger Abode! Where there is "no tellin' what's next!


Just a couple of quick notes: We realize that that we are unintentionally going to miss some folks on the first couple of publications of this blog. PLEASE DO NOT forward to them, but let us know via e-mail so we can add them to our distribution list. We just kinda want to know who all (if anyone) is keeping up with the Burger Abode! Also, there is a place at the bottom of this blog for comments and questions. Rita and I ask that you not utilize this function but address such issues to our email account burgerabodeupdate@sbcglobal.net
so they will be included in the next blog posting! Thank you in advance for your understanding in these matters!
Rita and John

Friday, October 30, 2009

October 31,2009





































Happy Halloween!

Rita has been out of town since Wednesday. The ole Burger Abode gets pretty quiet when you're hanging out looking forward to nothing but your next treatment. However, after 2 days of torrential downpours, being cooped up in the house, and completeing my 2 weeks of radiation treatment, God sent me a "Good job John!" sunset message Friday. Please see the first photo attachment. I hope you enjoy.

Today is Halloween! I bought a bunch of candy. Some of which I hope to hand out to the children that come "Trick or Treating". I also bought a bunch of candy for the children that I hope do not come "Trick or Treating"! Ain't leftovers great?

The second photo is not a photo! It is a very special video message from the Burger Abode to your household. You may and/or may not have to turn your volume way up for this. Press on the arrow button and see what happens! I hope it works but if not, blame Rita. It's all her fault!!! I know a lot of people have a lot of differing opinions about Holloween, but I just look at it as a fun day to dress up silly and hand out treats to kids that also dress silly. One day when they become doctors and lawyers they will have an excuse to cuss me out because of the total of their dental bills. That'll serve them right! What goes around comes around! Do kids that want to grow up to be dentists go "Trick or Treating"? Hmmmmm.....



Tim and Elaine stopped by this evening. They were all fancied up and came to wish us a Happy Trick or Treat. I asked them where they were going wearing their Sunday-go-to-Meeting duds. Tim said they were going to Papa's Steakhouse and ordering some BEEF! They made me chuckle. I am sure they had a costume party to go to that was not serving beef, but probably beer. Most likely plenty of it...but just a guess. If you click on the pictures, they should open up and enlarge. I don't know if you want to subject yourself to such, but if you do remember to not shoot the messenger! Rita and I handed out candy, and yes, I have leftovers!!!

Rita got in from San Antonio this afternoon not feeling well and she went directly to bed. She has to go back Monday. I miss her being around but I know the little get-aways do her good. If she could only relax a little and not labor the entire time she is away. She needs a break in the action. I get mine...I close my eyes and go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment