Welcome!

Dear family and friends,

Welcome to the Burger Abode! We have created this site for a multitude of reasons, all of which you will be informed of in a few minutes, hoping we retain your attention long enough to get you to that magical point!

We hope you find this blog informative. At this point we have a real need to dispurse large amounts of information to a vast number of people in an accurate and timely manner. Rita and I have recently discovered that this is a daunting task! What began as 5 outgoing cell phone calls quickly erupted to literally hundreds of unmanageable incoming calls, texts, and e-mails. We began questioning our correct relay of information - to who and when - and did I forget to tell this and that, and do I need to call back and etc... to the near pinnacle of insanity! Again, welcome to the Burger Abode! Where there is "no tellin' what's next!


Just a couple of quick notes: We realize that that we are unintentionally going to miss some folks on the first couple of publications of this blog. PLEASE DO NOT forward to them, but let us know via e-mail so we can add them to our distribution list. We just kinda want to know who all (if anyone) is keeping up with the Burger Abode! Also, there is a place at the bottom of this blog for comments and questions. Rita and I ask that you not utilize this function but address such issues to our email account burgerabodeupdate@sbcglobal.net
so they will be included in the next blog posting! Thank you in advance for your understanding in these matters!
Rita and John

Friday, October 9, 2009

July and August 2009

John started having some strange things start occurring. After taking Dad to the V.A. hospital, I had some very strange heart beats. I thought I was having a heart attack. I got to the emergency room at The Methodist Hospital in Sugarland. They hooked me up to monitors and ran blood tests. They could not find anything conclusive, released me, and referred me to a cardiologist for an immediate appointment. The Cardiologist was just across the street and the ER folks wanted me to get there by the famous closing time of 4:30. Here we go, Dad and I, doing the O.J. Simpson run (as through the airport) to get across the street. By the time I got to their office, filled out the reams of paperwork, and gave them my insurance stuff, it was too late for the cardiologist to verify anything. I swear, if you don't have a heart attack getting to them, they will give you one while you're there! I got an appointment for the next day.




Anyway, after working with the cardiologist for around 7 weeks of testing, EKG, nuclear stress tests, blood work, poking, prodding, and anything else they could think of (oh yeah, wearing a heart monitor for 30 days 24 hrs/day) my heart is in great shape and extremely healthy! Great news! Well then what is wrong? I've had 5 of these weird heartbeat episodes and nothing shows up? I guess that's why they call it "practicing medicine".

1 comment:

  1. What a great job you do with the blog. It is fortuitous you kept your sense of humor through all of the experiences. God blessed you both with results of the surgery.
    So have you set a date?
    Congratulations. love and God bless
    Aunt Theresa and Paul

    ReplyDelete